Wednesday, October 5, 2011

How early is too early...

We're planning this wedding, right. We're super excited about it! Especially now that the big stuff is over. We've got a date, a location, two officiants and a hotel! We've started working on all of the rest, or at least some of the rest. But there's just so much to do!

A girl comes into the salon last week and hands Ashley, the other receptionist, a printed out excel worksheet with these categories... Name, Role, Phone, Hair, Make Up, Mani, Pedi, Misc. And it's all nicely filled out with all of her wedding party, family members, etc for her wedding day. Then she hands Ashley a hand written schedule and politely asks if she'd make all of these appointments for her. Now, I'm sitting there thinking, 'WOW she's really organized; her wedding must be right around the corner.' Then I look at Ashley entering the appointments and they're not until the weekend after our wedding. WHAT?

Talk about making me feel like a slacker. The bride and I get to talking and she's like, 'oh you should see my wedding binder at home. It's all organized and filed and blah, blah, blah.' So needless to say I went to the store and bought a binder and have been slowly assembling it! Although, most of its contents are lying in various states on the floor in the living room.

Then another girl was in the salon yesterday talking about her wedding coming up on Saturday and her wedding purse. Apparently she through out her shoulder carrying her wedding purse. I kept racking my brain, 'what the heck is a wedding purse!?' Well, for those of you like me, a wedding purse is a bag that you keep your wedding binder and all other pertinent wedding information in. And hers was just so heavy that she hurt her shoulder from carrying it.

Also, I can't tell you how many time's I've already heard "Oh well, we're already booked for that weekend." Like seriously, it's over a year away!

Bottom line, I need to get a move on. That's why I'm meeting with Sarah today and hopefully we'll be really super duper productive!

No comments: