Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Hiatus. Is it over?

I know, I know... sorry. Now we're moving on.

Here's a quick update on all that's been going on:
Ryan is working 50+ hours at a Japanese restaurant in Rockford. You know the kind where they cook in front of you, it's that kind! He's really enjoying it because it's busy and he's learning how to do something new. He works everyday, doubles 3-4 days a week, and has Sundays off.

I'm working about 30 hours at the Salon... of all women. It's what it is, which is work.

We're still living at my parents' house. We're loving not paying bills and very, very grateful for that.

We've been visiting Ryan's family a lot lately. I think our relationships are deepening, which is something Ryan and I hoped would happen while we're in closer proximity.

The marathon is this Sunday... WHAT? If you'd like to donate click here. Training has been hard but so much fun. I would definitely do it again. But I am looking forward to just running an hour and not being so gosh darn hungry ALL OF THE gosh darn TIME!

We're totally slacking on the cooking for ourselves realm. But after the marathon is over we'll be back with a vengeance. We're planning on doing the Crazy Sexy Cleanse from Kris Carr. I'm excited. Then we're thinking about doing either P90x or Insanity or Shred. I'd eventually like to find a yoga or pilates studio too.

It's been great to see our friends more often, although to be honest... we don't see them as much as we'd like. We're trying to do better at that.

Wedding planning is in full swing. I even made a binder! Crazy, I know! We have a lot of ideas but I'm having a hard time doing more than just thinking, 'oh it'd be fun to do this...' Hopefully as we get closer it will become more concrete and less abstract!

Here are a few things that we've been loving about being back in the States:
Edward's Apple Orchard
Sunday/Monday Night Football with friends
Having a little bit of money in the bank
Being able to be present and be helpful with our families (Matson's included :)

Until next time....
MULUB,
Taylor

1 comment:

>Cade! said...

The Matsons LOVE having you in the US. Love.