Monday, March 21, 2011

Long Over Due Book Review

I'm still powering through The Penguin History of Latin America but lately I've needed a break. Two breaks actually. Today's review is on The Secret Life of Evie Hamilton by Catherine Alliott.

The book was a super easy, light read. I started it this week on Tuesday, reading in between classes and such, and I finished it yesterday. It's long but fast. It's supremely girly. It is about Evie and her family, immediate and extended. She finds out that her husband has a daughter by another woman (don't worry I haven't just ruined the story for you) and it's about how she deals with this news. At some times it's unnervingly insightful into how phschiatic a woman's brain can be. But mostly it's just fun to read. 

This isn't anything that will challenge how you view the world. Although, I did find myself asking 'What would I do?' But its certainly something to read if you're waiting in an airport or if you have lots of free time. 

ENJOY

No comments: