Monday, April 11, 2011

Project Number 2 - Day 33 (Sunday)

Yesterday was a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory day. We literally watched LOST all day. No, like seriously, all day. We've started season 4 now. It's good. Real good. I was super hungry yesterday and spent most of the day snacking. I don't really like to do this, but that's what happens when you're lazy. I'm just going to list everything that I consumed... don't judge. I did expend 4000 calories the day before.

Yogurt with strawberries, banana and uvillas
Crackers and peanut butter
Chili and corn bread
Peanuts and a banana
A pumpkin scone
Another package of crackers
*I forgot that I also had some ham and cheese rolls!

And that was just breakfast and lunch. We went to our friend, Grant's house last night for dinner! It was the first 'going away' thing we've done. Dinner was amazing but it's such a strange feeling to only have one more week in Quito. Grant is a fabulous cook and he completely spoiled us with ingredients we NEVER buy! For dinner we had a simple salad of baby spinach, capers, parmesan cheese and olive oil. Seriously we have NEVER bought these ingredients in Quito because they're too expensive! We felt treated! Then after salad we had an amazing wild rice and mushroom casserole. Ryan and I both usually shy away from mushrooms but this casserole was so good without any of the texture problems I usually have with mushrooms! We also had homemade quinoa bread and ham! And there was dessert! It was a custardy/cheesecakey pie-ish thing with an oatmeal crust and fresh blackberries on top. AMAZING! I'm actually searching for the recipe right now. As soon as I find it, I'll link it!

The best part of the night was the company and the conversation. We talked about a wide range of topics: from crazy families, to the food industry in the States, from dogs, to traveling. It was fantastic! I'd be lying if I didn't tell you we also consumed quite a bit of cheap wine and quite a few rum and cokes! But it wouldn't be Ecuador without them!

Today it's back to 3 meals a day! Starting with coffee, which is much needed after last night!

No comments: