Wednesday, March 9, 2011

2 Lenten Projects

So I've never been one to give up anything for Lent really but this year I have two projects that I'd like to do and I figured why not make them Lenten! So here they are...

Project Number 1
We live right next to Volcan Pichincha, this huge massive beautiful active volcano. I know that when we leave Ecuador the mountains are the first thing that I'll miss, especially waking up and going to sleep to this amazing view from our apartment. One of the things I love about mountains is that they ALWAYS look different. From different parts of the city, at different times of day, during different weather they're always changing. So Project Number 1 is one picture of Pichincha for the next 40 days. From now on, this project will be reffered to as Project Pichincha.

Project Number 2
If you don't read Kath Eats Real Food, you should! I LOVE HER BLOG! Basically it's a blog about her life, centered around the food she eats. She posts three times a day: breakfast, lunch and dinner. Her food is healthy but not crazily healthy that you think 'I would never make that.' She's active, but not crazily active that it seems impossible and she's concious about the environment, her community and the culture of food in just the right amount that isn't preachy but inspires you to change. Anyways, she's great and so is her blog and I just think I would want to be friends with her, if I ever met her! Project Number 2 is inspired by her blog and it includes a sort of food journal. We'll see what sort of shape it takes over the next forty days, but in the least it will be what I ate that day, maybe a recipe or two.

So for at least the next forty days you'll be getting 2 - 3 posts from us: a regular post and then two short ones with the projects.

Enjoy!
MULUB,
Taylor

No comments: