Sunday, October 17, 2010

Roasted Veggies

Nothing says fall more than roasted veggies. Usually, here at 708, we just sauté our veggies. But yesterday, as I was getting lunch ready I had everything prepped and the sauté pan on the stovetop when I thought... 'why don't I bake these?' And that's what I did. I cranked up the oven and let them roast until they were nice and, well, roasted! I suggest you do the same thing real soon!







You can roast just about anything you'd like but yesterday for lunch here's what I did:

1/2 fennel
1 tomato
1/2 red pepper
1 white onion
2 cups of pumpkin (not puree, you need the actual veggie)
1 carrot
1/2 zucchini

Chop everything into 1/2 inch pieces (except the carrot which I put through the mandolin).
Put everything into a bowl with a coating of oil (we use sunflower).


Sprinkle with 1.5 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, 2 tsp of thyme and splash with sherry.


Put in hot oven for about 30 minutes.


Serve over quinoa!


ENJOY!

MULUB,
Taylor

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where is the photo of the finished product?